Sunday, September 7, 2008

Local Apples are In!


Just got my first peck of beautiful Henderson County Apples! I'm using the Mutzus right now but I'll be switching it up pretty soon. I'll be making lots of Caramel Apple cake from here on out through the fall: brown sugar apple cake with caramel cream cheese icing... very old-fashioned, moist and yummy, with 2 pounds of local apples in each batch! And who knows, maybe I'll get crazy and cook my own local pumpkins this year for my Pumpkin Spice Cake. I'm excited for fall!

(photo credit: Tom McDonald)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for the manna food bank benefit next weekend. my first taste of fall in asheville.

Gordon Smith said...

Hiya Jodi,

I'm making the rounds just in case you didn't get an email invitation. Our email database is spotty at best.

The Extravablogiversapaloozathon 2008 is September 27th, and we're hoping every area blogger will come!

Party Info here.

BlogAsheville awards nomination thread here.

RSVP thread here.