Sunday, September 28, 2008

Extravablogiversapaloozathon 2008!






My friends, the 3rd annual Extrava was a blast! It was a beautiful late summer night in Downtown Ashvegas. The good beer, good cheer, music, food, and bloggy-elbow-rubbing was flowing. I was happy to be able to be there with my husband Duncan, friend Ursula, and (almost) all my blogger heros of BlogAsheville.

Thank you to all the lovely supporters of Short Street Cakes who voted for my life in cake... my life in cake won all 4 awards that it was nominated for! I was exhausted from the day and a little drunk by the time the awards got passed out. I felt sheepish for having won because I felt sheepish for having campaigned for it. So I took the mike and sheepishly and drunkenly kind of apologized for winning. But the beautiful people of the blogosphere have encouraged me to be proud of this achievement, and I am! I will post my buttons with PRIDE! I will find 4 kitchy gifts for next year's winners! And I will continue to try to create a blog that's worthy of the recognition y'all have given me. I'm proud to be a part of such a fine community of writers, art-ers, crafters, social critics and dreamers. Yall are one fine bunch!

3 comments:

zen said...

You should be proud, Jodi - your blog is a gem!

And we're proud of you!

Ursula said...

yay Jodi! it was such an honor to hang out with you on your night of glory. Zen is right, your blog is a total gem. (like you.)

Ukulele Rockstar said...

Congrats! You deserve it! I was bummed to miss the blog party, but I had a gig. Hope to see you soon.

best,
Ami