Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bookworks Edible Book Festival 2009!

Friends, I am proud to announce that Short Street Cakes had the winning (among the popular vote) entry of the edible book festival 2009 at BookWorks. This means I won a bunch of awesome gifts, incuding a gift certificate at Minx, a cool apron, a gift certificate to Harvest Records, an amazing necklace from Figs and Ginger, and the pleasure of knowing that the money raised from my donation went towards the Scholarship fund at BookWorks, so go there ASAP and getcha a half off class. Oh, the entry: This quote, from the foreword to the original 1931 edition of the Joy of Cooking, rendered in the form of 350 miniature cupcakes:
"This book is the result of a long practical experience, a lively curiosity and a real love for cookery. In it I have made an attempt to meet the needs of the average household, to make palatable dishes with simple means and to lift everyday cooking out of the commonplace." Irma S. Rombauer, The Joy of Cooking, 1931.
Here are some pics:



1 comment:

CGS said...

this is so outstanding! I'm so sorry I didn't make it to the event, but thrilled to see it here!