Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes. We. Can.


At this moment, I am so inspired, so proud, and so happy that our country has elected Obama as our next president. His election truly represents a sea change for this society and the world- in the significance of having a person of color in the white house, in the hope that the world could believe that perhaps, as Obama says, the United States can change, in the hope that we can elevate the conversation above pettiness and fear-mongering and cynicism. I believe in Obama, and I believe that he will continue to inspire people to believe in themselves.
I have to admit, I didn't think it would happen. I thought that the "powers that be" would have too much at stake to let him win. But apparently, the Powers that Be are WE. And we can win, and we did.
I feel the call of the world striving for love and healing. I feel the call of a new way of relating to one another in the world. I feel the call of a shift towards cooperation and community. I feel the call to strive to be the best person I can be for myself, my family, and the world. I feel that call and I'm so excited to follow that call in how I create the business that I am building- It is a new day, a historic day, and I feel the hope of what we can create. Si se puede. Yes we can.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Jodi!

I love that you said that the Powers that Be are WE! I am almost thrilled. I posted an open letter from Alice Walker to Obama and it is amazing - if you haven't seen it, you must! I'm also excited about the pie crust recipe you gave - I have a phobia of crusts - they never seem to come out well for me, but I will try yours. Where do you get your lard here in Asheville? Take great care, Stacey

Anonymous said...

Great post!!

Jodi Rhoden- Short Street Cakes said...

Foo- we don't have a good source of non-hydrogynated lard in this area- but I think Hickory Nut Gap Farm is trying to figure out how to do sell it...